By Neil McCormick
As has been well documented, including in our review, Flashpoint had a few errors. Thankfully Codemasters have listened to users problems and have prepared a Title Update to address these faults.
I have been advised that the update patch will be available on xbox live from tomorrow ( 5 November) and will:-
1. The game will now return the correct list of servers after searching a game
2. A corrupted save data bug has been fixed.
3. The game will now automatically unlock the FTE missions when a specific DLC is added to the game.
4. Gameplay online
o The player is now not blocked after healing another soldier as a medic
o If the player fires the SMAW weapon during a PvP game, the sight will now disappear as normal.
o The player can now change weapons after firing a machine gun multiple times
o The PF98 QueenBee weapon does now always have an effect on vehicles for the client
o During a PvP game if the player spawns inside a vehicle, the weapon will now be correctly attached to the player and now float next to the player.
o “Shots Fired” dialogue will now be triggered adequately in the annihilation mode.
5. The inventory UI from the crate or corpse can now be opened correctly when the player is standing at distance.
6. Loading the 1st checkpoint with javelin equipped in the mission Dragon’s fury will not cause a loss of audio in certain instances.
7. If the fireteams are following orders and then the player select an ROE order on all fireteams including themselves the orders will now be spread across all fireteams.
8. The reloading time is now correct when the player is going prone straight after firing a SMAW or Queen Bee weapons.
9. When exiting the credits, the heading will not transition twice.
In addition Codemasters have also announced that there will be a DLC pack entitled “Skirmish” in the near future which will feature four new multiplayer maps and two new Fire Team Engagement (FTE) missions featuring both solo and four player co-operative play. Hunt down SAM launchers hidden in the sprawling complex of ‘Lumberyard’ and assault dug in PLA forces and fight room to room in ‘White Fang’, two tense new ‘Infiltration’ multiplayer maps. ‘Annihilation’ multiplayer maps pitch armour and infantry against each other in rolling battles across a valley in ‘Stomping Grounds’ and in ‘Force Dispersal’ military bases separated by a strategic hill become a close-quarters killing ground.
New FTE missions include ‘All Round Defence’, which places gamers in control of air support and attack helicopters as they defend a fortified complex against relentless waves of PLA. In ‘Uphill Struggle’ players must capture a bunker under heavy fire from hillside reinforcements. Gamers can also recon the entire 220 km² island of Skira alone or co-operatively in a range of vehicles at day or night in ‘Island Tour.’